Sunday, October 18, 2009

More from Thursday's class

Ok, here is the "Really, One bowl Brownie" recipe. I highly recommend getting a copy of this book if you haven't already. It is perfect for an entry level book, and just as perfect for those with experience preparing Raw foods. I am always happy to promote a resource out to someone who asks, and that is probably the most frequently asked question-(where do I start/what book should I get first). But to elaborate on dialogue I feel important to share, and this can filter in at any time during your journey with raw foods, I see alot of us getting away from cooked, processed, and refined foods, and when switching over to more raw foods in the diet, leaning on the sweets. I feel this is a great way to get acquainted, and feel "mentally" satisfied with raw foods as you may associate with almost a "replacement" for certain foods for some time. Eventually this fades, and the simplicity of eating even "mono" or just singular foods can come to the forefront of your eating habits, I highly enjoy when I am tuned it to this way, it is simple and takes alot of the work out of eating that makes our daily routines so difficult.
Enough blabbing, here's the recipe! lol pg83 "Raw for Dessert" Jennifer Cornbleet

3 cupswalnuts (pulse in food processor until coarse and remove and reserve 1/2 cup)
1/8 tsp salt (add salt and process with remaining walnuts until resembles crumbs)
16 pitted medjool dates (add dates and process until mixture starts to stick together)
2/3 cup cocoa powder (add cocoa powder and mix until incorporated)
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup reserved chopped walnuts
2 tsps water (add walnuts, dried cherries, and water and process briefly just until mixed)
optional 1/4 cup cocoa nibs

Prepare the ganache (you won't be sorry)pg 26
3/4 cup agave nectar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/8 tsp plus a pinch of salt (i omitted when I prepared, and was fine)
Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the workbowl if necessary. You may need to place in a bowl of warm water to soften to spread if it is too firm, and remeber to start with soft room temp coconut oil, or it will be hard to get incorporated. ENJOY

THX Lisa for the great feedback, I love to share all this goodness, just like you! I can't wait to hear about you class next Saturday! (I also can't stop thinking about yummy kale chips!) You should get them prepared to sell, I will help you promote them! :)

2 comments:

  1. speaking of recipes from that wonderful book! I made the blondie cashew freezer fudge for my class on Saturday as part of the treats and it really is goood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next batch of kale chips are coming your way soon! They were such a big hit at Saturdays class that they sold out of the curly kale after!

    ReplyDelete