Sunday, September 6, 2009

Raw Un-Labeled

When I first tried raw foods, I was pregnant with my son Lakota, and my friend and co-worker brought in a book (i can't remember which one) and with much interest, we dove in together, preparing different dishes to share to help one another out as we found our way into this new way of preparing foods. I was and am still highly attracted to the idea that relieving the body's burden of producing excessive enzymes to digest something, and providing the body with the optimal type of food (common sense to me, fresh from nature) chock full of nutrients and vitality, is a huge benefit to anyone willing to embrace it. I will be the first to admit that when consuming a diet of all raw foods, I feel my best. BUT there are times when it can be challenging to prepare a meal that satisfies the mind and the subjection to what others are eating in your home or, if eating out with someone, can easily put a bump in your raw road...
After years of experience and experimentation, I have happily come to a peaceful place, where labeling myself as "Raw", or even putting the pressure of maintaining a 100% raw diet has come to pass, and is replaced with a loving, nurturing, and realistic approach of basically doing what is right for me, and the best I can. It has been serving me well to practice this way, and I have been happy to share this with others that are new to the idea or succumbed to a "falling off the raw wagon" so to speak, and watch the relief fill their expression as the weight is lifted off their shoulders. And even though I feel a raw foods diet is an attribute to health and wellness, I often express and wish to share with you the place value I put on diet and nutrition is not as high up on the scale as some other efforts we make. I definately feel ones disposition, (mental state, spiritual affirmation, outlook, vibration....you get the idea) is most important to our existence in harmony with being (healthy), and that certainly includes our relationship(s) with ourselves, and others. Breathing comes in a close 2nd, as not just an autonomic attribute to being human, but something bringing in wellness, letting out stagnation-toxicity, and a fully emotional connection. Sleep and stress levels come in next and last place, as they are very unattended to, and without proper sleep and stress reduction, you may find walls and humps you just can't get past with even the healthiest approaches. And finally comes the food...don't laugh, but I really think we can sustain our existence with much less, but better quality of food. We eat so habitually, ritualistically, and in reality miss the boat on so many more senses, experiences, and load our bodys with so much excess waste, it stagnates...I hope this long ass dissertation contains some resonant of positivity to you and yours, and wish you an awesome day...Un-labeled RawJen

2 comments: